Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010

I'm not really big on making resolutions. After all isn't the saying "Resolutions were made to be broken"? So I'm going to set myself some goals for Twenty Ten.
My main aspiration for the year is to be able to move houses and head to the west. Closer to my family and friends. Close to cafes and local pubs, cool ones not ones filled with pokie machines and pensioners. To achieve this goal finances need to be in order. BORING. So 2010 will start with a big bunch of "stuff" being put on eBay and hopefully I can try to organise something around Miss S so I can do a couple of car boot sale type markets.

The other important thing on my agenda is ME. Obviously the last 14 months have been all about Miss Sadie and while her importance is no less, I am hoping to squeeze some time in for myself.


FITNESS- Ok so I want to, NEED to, lose some weight. With a little one and a partner that works 60 hours a week, joining a gym isn't really an option so I am going to make the most out of the Wii Fit , also walking and pushing a pram. Hopefully I will find a way to squeeze in a pilates class, this is something I have wanted to do for a long time 2010 seems like a good time to start. I hate scales as I think they leave too much room for disappointment and lets face it, vanity will be my motivation. In a world in which I talked kgs, ideally I would like to lose about 25 kgs, but in my world I would like to comfortably fit into Country Road clothes and be able to walk into the change room without paranoia and an anxiety attack.

This kind of works with another goal for 2010 and that is to stop buying cheap items clothing, just because it fits. ARGGGHHH i have so many things in my wardrobe that I really dislike but purchased at the time because it fit and was cheap. Those items are waiting to be photographed for ebay, or heading to the salvos. Time to concentrate on quality not quantity.

Another thing on my agenda for the year is to get creative again. I want to learn how to use my camera to it's full potential and learn how to use photoshop. I'd also like to do some sewing, clothes for Sadie and myself, toys for gifts oh the list goes on. I'd also like to do a resin jewellery class. In turn if I can get the creative juices flowing I hope to make some money by selling handmade goodies, thus bringing us back to goal number one of financial fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment