I have been working on this list for ages, so I thought I had better finish the list and start crossing things off. I might pick some and go into a bit more detail but for now here it is
1. MOVE HOUSE. This consumes my thoughts too much but I want to be closer to my nearest and dearest and have a house that is open plan living. 2. Lose weight, am going to aim for 15 kilos (but 34 before 35 would be awesome) 3. Learn how to use my SLR camera properly (on manual mode), it's a Canon 450D if you have any tips 4. Learn how to use photoshop (oh and have enough $$$ to buy it for my mac) 5. De-clutter. My house, my car my make up bag. everywhere 6. Visit my beautiful friend in Brisbane and spend a couple of days in Byron Bay on a proper holiday, in a hotel with NO plans. 7. Make more ME time, very hard to do with a toddler and a partner with too many work responsibilities 8. Exercise more. I plan to combine TV time with moving my butt, good combination I think. 9. Make weekly meal plans and grocery shop wisely 10. Do a resin jewellery making course 11. Do a screen printing course 12. Teach myself to crochet 13. Host a Christmas in July party 14. Attempt to make sushi at home 15. Get re-fitted for boobie holders (saying it that way is the only way it could be close to fun) 16. Make a quilt 17. Build a custom doll house for Sadie 18. Read more. real books not blogs and magazines 19. Be as green as possible and continue to reduce my carbon footprint 20. Book a consultation to have corrective eye surgery and hope I can have it 21. Be kinder to my skin, give it a bit more attention 22. Find THE perfect foundation. 23. Get at least 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep 24. Have Sadie sleep in her room most of the time rather than mine. Am still happy for occasional morning visits, who can resist wake up cuddles!!! 25. Conquer toilet training 26. Make use of my savings account and actually save money 27. Get involved, I read lots of blogs but comment on few and I think you write on the web with the chance that someone may actually read your thoughts so more commenting from me. 28. Wear nice bed clothes. i love my Peter Alexander pj pants SO much but always team them with whatever singlet or t shirt I can find. Time to buy matching sets and pretty things. 29. Find a tea that I like and reduce the coffee. A visit to T2 sounds in order 30. Wear coloured tights this winter 31. Aim to get some natural vitamin D and spend more time outdoors 32. Fix my sewing machine and umm yeah sew! 33. Be the best mother, partner, daughter, sister and friend that I can be and focus on my strengths rather than my weakness's 34. If #1 comes to fruition start planning for baby #2
Seeing as I only work 2 days a week I really shouldn't complain about it as much as I do, but I think it was a bad decision on my behalf to make Monday one of those days.
"Que Sera Sera"
Not an overly exciting weekend around here, even if it did start off with Miss Sadie waking sometime after midnight on Friday night and not going back to sleep until 4 a.m.
All attempts at getting her back to sleep were thrown out the window when she decided to use her bed as a trampoline which she found hilarious, so downstairs we came. Thank goodness for cable TV and Tori and Dean.
Saturday arvo I dropped her off to play with her cousins, who are like three mini mums and off I went to see Crazy Heart.
This type of story has been told a million times before, regardless I loved it.
Jeff Bridges was amazing, so was Maggie Gyllenhall and the soundtrack is too. I love me a bit of country.
That was probably the excitement of my weekend, Sunday was spent pottering, cleaning, playing and staying out of the sun in general. It really was a could'a, should'a, would'a but didn't.
My favourite adventure started sometime in the early part of 2008 pin pointing the exact date would be a little difficult but it continues to this day.
As I mentioned, it was early 2008 my adventure started, but it became a reality on November 1st 2008 when my beautiful daughter Sadie Estrela was born.
Now everyday is an adventure. Playing, discovering, learning - everyday is something new.
Obviously parenthood is not the adventure for everyone but I say if you never did, you should.
Check out this awesome blog I stumbled across, ifyouneverdid,youshould not only does Jodi have an awesome competition going, which the above is my entry for, but it's an inspiring little blog about doing stuff, having adventures and living life. Love it.
It's less than a month until Alice In Wonderland opens. In 3D.
So many reasons for me to be excited about this. Johnny Depp being numero uno. Another peak inside Tim Burton's crazy mind. And the colours, just thinking about it makes my head dizzy.
Although I vowed to stick with one brand of nail polish because they look much prettier stacked together, I am going to treat myself to a bottle from the Wonderland collection by OPI, choosing which colour will be the hardest part. Any suggestions?
P.S. I haven't purposely set fatmumslim the theme of the day , but I always mean to participate in Point and Shoot. I have the best intentions then, well you know the story. But that is no more, time to participate and share.
I am not even sure how I discovered Chantelle's blog, but as soon as I did I went back to when she began and, over two nights, read it from start to present. fatmumslim has now become a daily ritual.
Chantelle has just put together the most beautiful ebook full of blogging tips to help you get over blogger's block and to get you inspired. Even if you don't blog but keep a written diary there are tips in here to inspire personal writing as well.
I'm not going to tell you what's in it, you'll have to purchase it for yourself at her blog. You will not be disappointed, it's a little bit more than a cup of coffee and a bit less than a bottle of wine and as Chantelle is giving a percentage of the profits to the National Breast Cancer Foundation it can be considered guilt free purchase!
While I'm at it let me tell you a little about Chantelle, actually you can find that out yourself by reading fatmumslim. I'll tell you why this blog has become a must read for me.
* This blog is beautiful. Not only does Chantelle have a way with words, she shares the most beautiful images. Some are taken by her, some by other people, either way they are always lovely.
* I sometimes feel like she writes for me. I would never intentionally plagerise her work but on more than one occasion I have thought "Gee I should just post a link to this rather than writing my own" because we have a few things in common. - We both have little girls with not a lot of hair, which reminds me, this was one of the posts I had wanted to link. Like Sadie, Chantelle's little girl Lacey has been mistaken for a boy WHILE WEARING PINK AND/OR A SKIRT!!! - We seem to have fairly similar taste when it comes to clothing, make up and design in general. So it's always nice to read about other people's finds
- We both suffer from weight issues and I feel that she writes very honestly about this.
* I really admire her. I don't know how she does it, really I don't know how she fits everything into her day. This is one lady that has multi tasking and time management down to an art form. Daily posts, a full time job, a toddler and everything else in between. You go girl.
* She has a wonderful relationship with her family. I love the posts she shares after spending time with her family, especially her sisters. My lil sis and I are really close, it's so nice to read about someone else that has a similar relationship with her sisters.
OK I could go on but I will end up sounding like a stalker, come to think of it, lucky she doesn't live in Melbourne i would probably try to "accidently" bump into her and force a play date on her for the girls.
On a final note after reading the ebook I have so many ideas for posts, so expect to see me around here a bit more and I hope I can find a bit of time over the weekend to spruce up my blog.
While the day wasn't what I had hoped for (no Lily love), it wasn't terrible.
And involved a guilt free bag of raspberry bullets. YUM!!!
I have come to the conclusion that weekday birthdays suck.
I do not believe that it's "just another day", but when everyone else still has to go to work etc it just becomes another day. I think I am going to make a birthday tree and decorate the house myself for next year. Without trying to sound blasphemous a lot of effort goes into celebrating the birth of Jesus, I think we should celebrate our own in the same kind of manner!
My birthday haul was pretty fab though.
Two bottles of Daisy, books from my wish list, a Peter Alexander voucher, cold hard cash, the stunning origami owl lamp oh and I forgot to put The Mentalist DVD in the photo (oh how I enjoy our Monday night dates Simon Baker).
Oh and an Angel Face voucher, flowers and the YUMMIEST dinner at Shakahari. I really must try more from the menu there but the Satay Legend rocks my world
And thanks Mummy and Daddy your gift was put to good use, well in my eyes anyway. This arrived yesterday. My newest Marc Jacobs addition.
UPS I love you. Ordered Thursday afternoon (from shopbop) arrived Monday.
Now I just have to wait for my present to myself to arrive, I pre-order some new House Of Harlow 1960 pieces and they shipped a few days ago so back to the front fence I go to wait for the postie. Thanks again peeps xoxo
Thanks to Miss Dee for bringing this day to my attention.
Though I did have to change the original pic you sent because it's just wasn't the same without Brenda and Dylan.
Oh how I wanted to be Brenda Walsh, with her cool brother and awesome wardrobe, and have my boyfriend Dylan McKay pick me up in his vintage 60's Porsche speedster. (That car was as hot as Luke Perry).
I was so crazy for Beverly Hills 90210, I would tape it every week and then re-watch it before the next episode the following week. I'm the first to admit I'm a sooki la la but when Dylan cheated on Brenda with Kelly I thought my heart was broken and my back had been stabbed as well.
But we've all moved on haven't we? After all it is Tuesday night and I can't wait to see which Archibald Serena will end up with......
I have a confession. I play with dolls. Yep that's right I admit it and I'm OK with it.
Sadie and I are slightly obsessed with Kewpie and "her" collection is slowly growing. The newest addition is the tallest one and she's about 35 cm and I'm kind of loving them displayed babushka style.
WE have Barbies and the Gwen Stefani collection but my current doll crush is Blythes.
I would love a Blythe to join our doll family but it's not so simple. Firstly they aren't the easiest thing to buy, I am no expert but am pretty sure they have limited releases, so it's not like you can go into Toys R Us and just buy one. You need to join waiting lists and hope that there are not too many other freaks before you waiting to give blood in exchange for a doll.
Secondly if , when I do manage to score one she will mostly be a non play with doll as these little babies are, well lets just say you will need more than pocket change!
Finally, and I think this is why I am so fascinated with them, is they freak me out a little. It's all about the eyes, you can change the Blythe eyes by pulling a cord in the back of her head and they can change colour and position and I know for a fact P will find someway of taunting me with them.
So while we wait (and save) I am more than happy to stick with "our" kewpies.
While I can cross a few things off my wish one, one item that wasn't fulfilled was the Fuji Instamax camera that I am obsessed about. So it's lucky that I am picturing myself sitting by the letterbox waiting for the postie to deliver mine after I win it from the AWESOME competition over at creaturecomfortsblog .
Now I just need to cross my fingers for the universe to weave it's magic.
Follow this link to enter for yourself, but be quick competition closes Monday
While I attempt to finish any one of the three posts I currently have saved as drafts, I thought I'd share this
So yummy this is the most divine cup of mocha I have had in my life. It was from the Lindt cafe and thankfully the two stores in Melbourne are both in "effort" locations otherwise I think I would replace a daily meal with one of these. Oh and I tried the peanut butter balls. Delicious and the raspberry ones......... Anyone feel like coming for a drive to Chad-vegas?