Monday, August 16, 2010

Point and shoot and shoot again


So in the interest of getting on with things I have a couple of point and shoots to catch up on.

Friday night we had some things to do and loving a good multi-task decided that dinner and organisation could be done together. So off we trotted, shopping and dinner at IKEA.
Yup we sure are fancy!!!!
While there the kidlets decided they should test out ALL the furniture they possibly could.
Am thinking of renting them out.
KIDS FOR HIRE able to test furniture durabilty. Try before you buy!!!

I love a bit of last minute planning and found myself doing a cupcake workshop with one of my besties on Saturday morning.
The lovely Cathie from melbourne epicure was our teacher and she was ACE.
I have brought some of her goodies at various markets before (Pear tart YUMMO!!!)
so I knew we would be in for a treat, and right I was.
It was all about decorating, as far as I'm concerned a good icing can turn an average cake into the best ever. We made all the fondant decorations and I think I may be at least one step closer to being able to use a piping bag like a pro.
I am proud to say that these cupcakes made it all the way home without me even being tempted to sample just a little bit. That is probably more to do with sampling the cream cheese icing tests, than willpower.
My will power wasn't so strong when we stopped at the baking shop on the way home though.
I walked into the shop with a set limit in my mind. A quick trip to the ATM across the round and I doubled my limit within 3 minutes and then to top it off I parted with some more money today as I get totally professional with an oven thermometer and a "proper" piping set.
Needless to say I can't wait for the next round of birthdays to show off my skills!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love going to Ikea, great idea about hiring your children to test furniture out. My three kids are also great for that. YUM, your cupcake look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah i Love Ikea...and those cupcakes look Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one brave lady - IKEA and my kids are two things that SO don't go together. Everytime we all go together I have to psych myself up for it for days before hand. Maybe if I had some of those gorgeous cupcakes I could bribe them to just walk around nicely .... ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at them running their own little office, it seems. x

    ReplyDelete