Friday, July 8, 2011

Day One

So that's it, with her backpack almost bigger than her, 
I've left my little buddy for her first day of little school.

I could feel the lump forming in my throat as we were getting ready and she asked
"You stay with me today?" I wondered if I'd make it out the door without tears.
Well she was fine, I (just) made it to the car before the waterworks started.

So to cheer myself up I grabbed some mags on the way home to flick through 
while I enjoy finishing a coffee while it's still hot and a red velvet cupcake (or two).


I do have grand plans to get through my TO DO list, teach myself photoshop 
and do a massive toy cull with out the help of little hands.

But today there are floors to be mopped, clothes to be washed and a clock to 
be watched because pick up time hugs are the best!

2 comments:

  1. Awww. Adorable.
    Enjoy those pick up cuddles.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I thought it was this Friday. How did she go?
    Soooooooooooooo jealous a day to yourself

    ReplyDelete