Monday, April 23, 2012

One Thing


In an effort to maintain “Coolest Aunty EVER” title, I did what any self-respecting Aunt to a tween would do.

Purchased ONE DIRECTION tickets. 
To Brisbane!!!!


We didn't anticipate Melbourne selling out and after trying to get onto ticketek's website for 
over half an hour, with the pending ticket purchase adrenaline still pumping through my veins, 
I took a chance and got lucky when the Brizzy tickets went on sale an hour later.
The problem was my sis had commitments the day of the show, so I was "forced" to accompany 
Miss J on an overnight adventure. Tough break!!!


I was ready to write One Direction off as a manufactured band of pretty boys who probably had little talent.
Then I watched a few appearances they did and I happened to get my hands on the season of X-Factor from which they were formed. BANG I was in hook line and sinker.

Friends may have threatened to disown me, but my little pop heart was over the moon.

So how was it?
my dodgy iphone pic
source

I've been to a lot of shows over the years and I can honestly say I have never, ever heard a crowd so loud.
The atmosphere was incredible. We walked into the convention centre around the same time as the Nova crew and they got mobbed. There were tears and there was  lot of money made at the merchandise stand!
It was fun and the boys were amazing. The played pretty much the whole album and some really good covers, like Kings Of Leon's Use Somebody.

Haters are gonna hate, but I loudly and proudly declare 
I LOVE ONE DIRECTION!!!!

And we love the new addition to our family
Welcome Harry

With next years shows going on sale this week, best I bust open that money box
and start counting my pennies.

1 comment:

  1. Well I think you are way cool and we love Harry in this house too!

    ReplyDelete